Our well known Transport Company based in Pretoria is looking to employed an experienced African Female Accounting Financial Manager.
This is a senior position, and therefore candidates must have well-rounded and sound Accounting management background and experience.
The applicants must include in the following info in their cv:
- Detailed reason/s for leaving current or most recent (last employment)
- Current basic salary per month + benefits
- Please do not send cv’s which do not meet the min requirements
This position is based in PRETORIA, and reports directly to the Managing Executive of the BU, and is ONLY open to black females.
The position is the HOD for the Accounting / Finance department, and will have the Assistant Accounting Manager and Office (Revenue) Manager reporting to her.
Both the Assistant Accounting Manager and Office (Revenue) Manager have a number of various positions reporting to them.
Preference will be given to applicants with freight / bus / general transport experiential background.
The ideal applicant will possess the following:-
- BComm with articles, Accounting as a major subject essential.
- Qualified Chattered Accountant (CA) or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Extensive general Management Accounting experience, incorporating the full spectrum of Accounting Administration.
- 3 – 5 years management experience, managing a large accounting department.
- Preference will be given to applicants with freight / bus / general transport experiential background.
- Advanced Excel skills which includes as minimum functions such as Macros, File Links, Pivot Tables, Data tables
- Proficient in PowerPoint
– Develop, manage and maintain financial reporting systems.
– Develop, manage and maintain information systems.
– Preparation and co-ordination of budgets.
– Maintain effective controls.
– Maintain effective internal and external relationships.
– Manage subordinates.
– Conduct audits (both planned and unplanned).
– Implement and manage Policies and Procedures
– Perform profitability investigations for the Managing Executive and compile business proposals to improve profitability of the business unit.
Succession planning in the accounting department, Training and development of subordinates to ensure work stability during annual leave of subordinates.
This is a management position, requiring daily liaison with peer management and regular interaction with Executive Management as well as follow up with the Department of Transport and their agents and as such it is highly demanding in terms of time, pressure and at times may require personal sacrifice.
– Knowledge of the key financial management principles & procedures, especially budget development and management, profitability ratios etc.
– Knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures and related legislation
– Knowledge of the bus passenger industry
– Experience/ Exposure to Tender Contract Systems.
– Sub-contractor payments and payment processes.
– Good planning and organizing skills.
– Good interpersonal and human relations skills
– Excellent time management skills.
– Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point)
– Ability to exercise sound judgment
– Above average written and oral communication skills
– Analytical skills to translate trends into decisive action.
– Succession planning and on job coaching skills to facilitate staff development.
– Must have a hands-on approach
– Results orientation
– Team Orientation
– Stress tolerance.
– Attention to detail.
– Self –management
– Working to deadlines
– Appreciation for cultural diversity.
– Ability to cope with pressure.
N.B. (Only candidates that meet the criteria will be shortlisted and contacted)
N.B. (Only candidates with Freight / Bus / General transport /experience will be considered and contacted for this position)