Our commercial vehicle dealership client in Ekurhuleni is looking to employ an AA Aftersales Manager with relevant experience.
MANAGER – PARTS & WORKSHOP / MANAGER – AFTER SALES
• To grow the service & parts department in all facets of its operation
• To ensure the highest degree of customer satisfaction at all times.
• To maintain agreed profit margins and return on investment.
• To actively seek to maintain/achieve an acceptable market share.
• To maintain excellent service & parts service – CSM/CSI.
• To sell the maximum to trade and retail customers – Service & parts
• To monitor sales daily in order to ensure due emphasis is placed on selling the most profitable lines/maintain stock & general parts stock
• Manage targets with specific focus on asset management (stock controlling/stock turn) and managing sales performance as well as the
• Ability to control resources at a level commensurate with profit requirements and enhanced customer relations.
• Ability to maximise departmental profitability through the sale of labour and associated products to franchise and non-franchise customers.
• Supervision of staff, management of performance, discipline and other staff management related functions.
• Ability to ensure Service Department achieves budget objectives through daily, weekly and monthly monitoring and control of accounts,
operating controls and composite figures.
• Ability to ensure efficient operation of the Service Department through efficient labour utilization, productivity and sales.
• Ability to ensure excellence in customer service.
• Ability to maintain effective control of expenses through monthly examination of management accounts to ensure expenditure for the Service
Department is in line with budgeted labour sales
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to monitor and proactively control costs.
• Debtor management
• Ability to control stock levels in accordance with budget.
• Excellent skills in organizing sales promotions to boost sales during peak user times, e.g. Easter, summer holiday period, Christmas.
• Ability to proactively examine all major transactions weekly to determine ways to improve customer service.
• Ability to closely monitor and control overheads and stock values, reporting excesses to the Dealer Principal timeously together with
solutions for addressing such matters.
• Ability to monitor and control parts purchasing activity.
• Ability to maximize benefits through discounts in accordance with company policy.
• Ability to effectively manage staff including performance, discipline, recruitment and training.
• Excellent in administration:
o To ensure that all transactions are correctly recorded and, when necessary, information passed to relevant departments.
o To ensure that stock levels are promptly and accurately updated.
o Regularly monitor customers’ credit limit notifying Dealer Principal/After Sales Manager about limits reached.
• Relationship management, peers, staff, suppliers and OEM
• Target / Performance driven
• Working with peers/customers/oem
• Sense of urgency
• Ability to work under pressure
• Growth driven
• Customer focused management
• Strong motivational and negotiation skills
• Excellent people management skills
• Focus on driving performance
• Relevant post matric qualification will be an advantage
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Commercial industry
• Valid Driver’s License / code 14 would be a +
• Knowledgeable in what is required of a Technician
• Relevant post matric qualification in Management will be an advantage
• Fully computer literate – Microsoft package
• Experience in kerridge/CDK
> somewhat of a marketer/promoter – to sell the dealership / get new clients – must have this ability…
> manage & work with people & processes
> results driven
> prepared to learn / develop/create new ideas etc etc