Our well known Commercial vehicle dealer client based in Kempton Park is looking to employ an experienced Commercial Parts Manager.
Reporting to the Dealer Principal the primary purpose of the position is to manage and control the budgetary performance of the Parts Department, working closely with the Service Dept.
• To grow the parts department in all facets of its operation
• To ensure the highest degree of customer satisfaction at all times.
• To maintain agreed profit margins and return on investment.
• To actively seek to maintain/achieve an acceptable market share.
• To maintain excellent parts service.
• To sell the maximum amount of parts to trade and retail customers.
• To monitor sales daily in order to ensure due emphasis is placed on selling the most profitable lines.
• Manage targets with specific focus on asset management (stock controlling/stock turn) and managing sales performance as well as the performance process.
• Working closely with the Service Dept and Workshop Manager
Specific Role Responsibilities
• Ability to monitor and proactively control costs.
• Debtor management
• Ability to control stock levels in accordance with budget.
• Excellent skills in organizing sales promotions to boost sales during peak user times, e.g. Easter, summer holiday period, Christmas.
• Ability to proactively examine all major transactions weekly to determine ways to improve customer service.
• Ability to closely monitor and control overheads and stock values, reporting excesses to the Dealer Principal timeously together with solutions for addressing such matters.
• Ability to monitor and control parts purchasing activity.
• Ability to maximize benefits through discounts in accordance with company policy.
• Ability to effectively manage staff including performance, discipline, recruitment and training.
• Excellent in administration:
o To ensure that all transactions are correctly recorded and, when necessary, information passed to relevant departments.
o To ensure that stock levels are promptly and accurately updated.
o Regularly monitor customers’ credit limit notifying Dealer Principal/After Sales Manager about limits reached.
• Relationship management, peers, staff, suppliers and OEM
Qualifications and Experience
• Relevant post matric qualification will be an advantage
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Parts Manager in the Commercial industry
Skills and Personal Attributes
• Target / Performance driven
• Sense of urgency
• Ability to work under pressure
• Growth driven