Our well known automotive dealer client based in Cape Town currently holds a vacancy for an experienced Dealer Principal.
The position requires a high-profile, experienced, passionate person, who enjoys autonomy and is confident in achieving business growth. The focus of this role is on driving and achieving results.
The responsibilities of a Dealer Principal include the following tasks:
- Ability to deliver bottom line results while ensuring compliance to company policies and corporate governance
- Ability to develop and implement strategies for growth
- Strong entrepreneurial skills
- Sound financial / accounting knowledge
- Good business acumen
- Ability to make sound business decisions
- Ability to apply modern business methods
- Ability to ensure maximum efficiency and profitability in all departments.
- Ability to create a customer centric environment and maximize customer service levels
- Ability to control cash flow, stocks and assets at a level commensurate with profit requirements and satisfactory return on investment
- Ability to manage risk and ensure audit requirement compliance
- Ability to ensure dealer compliance to franchise standards and target requirements
- Ability to create a high-performance culture and climate in the dealership
- Strong ability to motivate and retain talent
- Ability to develop and encourage strong working relationships at all levels in the business
- Ability to manage performance and deal with poor-performance immediately
Qualifications and Experience:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience needed:
- Matric with a relevant Degree or similar
- Recognised Management/ Leadership Diploma or Certificate – desired.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a Dealer Principal within the Automotive Retail Industry.
- Automate or Kerridge
- Valid, unendorsed driver’s license and the ability to competently and legitimately drive.
- Computer literate; highly proficient in Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Word.
- A working knowledge of the application of OHS, NCA, CPA, FICA and other legislation and frameworks relevant to the retail motor industry.
- A working knowledge of the application of Labour legislation.
- Knowledge and ability to use relevant DMS functions (Automate).
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Communication: Able to communicate professionally at multiple levels in a professional, diplomatic, polite and rational manner even when under pressure.
- Interpersonal competence; effective at working with people and building relationships.
- Dealership Operations Management
- Financial Management relevant to managing a business.
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking.
- Customer Centricity
- Problem-solving and judgement skills
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Conflict management
- Monitoring and measuring
- Improvement Orientation
- People Management and Development skills
- Persuading and Influence
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Coping with pressures and setbacks
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Results driven
- Someone who upholds professional ethics, principles and values.
- Must be assertive and mature in outlook.
- Alignment to the brand.
Please e-mail cv to firstname.lastname@example.org