Our well known Commercial Dealer client based in Johannesburg currently holds a permanent vacancy for an experienced Debtors Clerk.
Must have worked on Keyloop or Drive/Kerridge Systems.
- Matric, mandatory
- Strong Excel knowledge, mandatory
- Qualification in Finances, advantageous.
- Previous Debtors Clerk Experience within the Commercial Vehicle Industry, advantageous
This position will be suited to an experienced person who has the ability to ensure proper accounting and reconciliation of all accounts and ensuring the collection of outstanding dealership funds.
The candidate needs to excel at organisation and pay attention to detail. Skills with math and numbers also prove beneficial. The candidate should be familiar with accounting and bookkeeping as a whole. Accuracy in accounting computations and data entry are also a critical skill that is required.
Should your application be short-listed, you will be contacted for an interview and/ or a psychometric assessment. If you have not received an invitation to attend an interview by 01/12/2023, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Specific Role Responsibilities:
Specifications for these positions will be discussed if a candidate is invited for an interview.
The responsibilities of a Debtors Clerk include the following tasks:
Responsible to control the full debtor’s function at the dealership, such as (but not limited to):
• Assist with open new accounts and conducting accurate reference checks of all debtors.
• Update all reconciliations accurately and timeously.
• Escalate any account problems to relevant departmental managers (e.g. F&I).
• Accurately monitor outstanding funds and changes in daily/ monthly age analysis.
• Ensure all information on each customer’s account is accurate.
• Compile debtor statements and send to debtors.
• Ensure accurate allocation of all deposits to correct accounts, and correspond with invoices and statements.
• Follow up on all outstanding debtor payments.
• Establish appropriate rapport with all debtors.
Qualifications and Experience:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience needed:
• Strong Excel knowledge
• Qualification in Finances, advantageous.
• Previous Debtors Clerk Experience within the Commercial Vehicle Industry, advantageous
Skills and Personal Attributes:
• Computer literate
• Self-motivated, trustworthy and highly responsible.
• Good in Communication
• Results driven and orientated
• Attention to detail, highly accurate
• Following instructions and procedures
N.B. (Only candidates that meet the criteria will be shortlisted and contacted)
N.B. (Only candidates with Automotive Industry experience will be considered and contacted for this position)
Please e-mail cvs to firstname.lastname@example.org