Our well established Motor dealer client in Welkom is looking to employ an experienced and qualified Finance Manager for their business.
Reporting to Dealer Principals’ of the respective dealerships and the Finance Executive, the incumbent will be part of the management team. The Financial Managers will manage the financial department (back office), and maintain internal control measures to ensure that the dealerships are compliant to sound financial practices and good corporate governance.
Position Overview Process and Governance:
- Manage compliancy processes in the area of accountability in order to manage risks and expose
- Manage and report on progress against operational budget in liaison with Dealer
- Compile management accounts, including, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and
- Conduct reconciliation of vehicles, parts, and service assets, verify against accounting records and address all anomalies with senior line management
- Identify opportunities to minimise cost or increase
- Monitor and evaluate financial processes for quality and effectiveness and notify stakeholders.
Specific Role Responsibilities
- Plan and manage financial activities in line with approved policies, processes and procedures Customer
- Develop and manage key stakeholder relationships that enable achievement of operational
- Implement and manage workforce planning, recruitment, learning and development, performance management, reward and recognition and employee relations to ensure an optimal working environment.
- Ensure timeous, clear contracting and assessment of performance expectations with direct reports in line with identified objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor`s Degrees in Accounting
- Education, Training and Development
- Higher Education and
Training Actual Qualification Accounting NQF Level 7
- 3 + years’ Financial Management
- Knowledge of the Kerridge operating management system will be an
- 3 – 5 years Financial management experience in the retail motor industry
Skills and Personal Attributes
Knowledge of financial accounting principles, classifying, measuring and recording transactions. Excellent computer skills and very proficient in excel, word, and outlook.
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Sound knowledge and understanding of financial, accounting and tax concepts, financial statements, trial balance, financial record keeping process. Auditing and compiling reports. Interrogates transaction, initiating information or data, and understands, records or enters transactions on to the system. Analyses and reconciles financial information and data, identify auditing discrepancies and reports on such