Specific Role Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and report financial statements to Division, H.O. and auditors (internal and external).
o Prepare and complete various weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
o Complete monthly management reports.
o Compile management accounts, including budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
o Produce financial and management information.
o Maintain the integrity and reliability of the financial data.
- Ensure that month-end cut-offs are compliant in terms of company policies.
- Manage the effective and timely provision of financial, statutory and sustainability reporting including cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Oversee accurate reconciliation of all financial records to enable verification of the validity of transactions and to take appropriate action where required.
- Prepare and complete financial budgets for the dealership in conjunction with departmental managers and other stakeholders.
- Ensure effective and efficient administration of operational costs within budget, identify areas of financial and operational risk and escalate appropriately.
- Supervise cash management activities.
- Responsible for co-signatory of payments with Dealer Principal in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
- Manage and report on progress against operational budget in liaison with Dealer Principal.
- Analyse and interpret financial information:
o Complete analysis of financial data to understand and compare business results; interpret and analyse financial data to draw conclusions and trends from the financial analysis.
o Complete profit and loss analysis.
o Complete and update daily cash flow statement to establish working capital requirements.
o Assist in the preparation and timely filing of all internal accounting and financial reports for governmental and regulatory bodies.
o Accurately calculate and process VAT, provisional tax etc.
o Establish and monitor internal controls.
- Implement corporate governance and compliance policies and processes to identify and manage risks and expose liabilities.
- Manage and control the administration and financial processes within the dealership.
- Conduct reconciliation of vehicles, parts, service assets, verify against accounting records and address all anomalies with senior line management.
- Manage supplier and customer relationships; ensuring effective debtors and creditors processes are in place and adhered to.
- Identify opportunities to minimize cost and increase revenue.
- Manage the security of all assets within direct control, i.e. cash, fixed assets, in line with approved policies, processes and procedures.
- Attract, retain, appraise and train, coach and develop finance and administration team members.
Important to Note: Financial Managers within this Division assume the Human Resources function in the dealership, working closely with the Human Resources Manager on employee-related matters and practices. This includes, but is not limited to: –
- Implementation and management of personnel and payroll policies, processes and procedures at dealership level, responsible for all payroll input for the dealership;
- Administration and onboarding of new engagements, employee movements and management of terminations;
- Workforce planning and management of the headcount budget and dealership structure;
- Coordination of recruitment, training/ learning and development, performance management, reward and recognition activities for the dealership;
- Independently handling employee relations matters to ensure an optimal working environment, obtaining assistance from HR as and when necessary.
- Management of employee personnel records for dealership staff.
|Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years’ accounting/ financial management experience in a similar environment, of which at least 2-3 years’ in a team lead/ management role.
- Relevant experience in the automotive industry.
Minimum Qualification/s Required:
- BComm degree with Accounting NQF7+.
- Recognised Management/ Leadership Diploma or Certificate – desired.
- Valid, unendorsed driver’s license and the ability to competently and legitimately drive.
- Computer literate; highly proficient in Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Word.
- A working knowledge of the NCA, CPA, FICA and other legislation and frameworks relevant to the retail motor industry.
- Knowledge and ability to use relevant DMS functions (Automate).
|Skills and Personal Attributes
|Skills and Expertise Required:
- Communication: Able to communicate professionally at multiple levels in a professional, diplomatic, polite and rational manner even when under pressure.
- Interpersonal competence; effective at working with people.
- Financial Management and Performance Reporting
- Financial and commercial acumen/ thinking.
- Financial and Accounting Control
- Sound knowledge and understanding of financial, accounting and tax concepts, financial statements, trial balance, financial record keeping process etc.
- Analysing and reconciling financial information and data, identifying auditing discrepancies and reporting on such, ensuring root cause analysis is carried out and corrective and preventive measures are implemented.
- Planning and organising
- Problem-solving and judgement skills.
- Decision making and action orientated.
- Conflict resolution
- Impact and Influencing
- People Management and Development skills, including effective delegation ability.
- Time management, including the ability to respond to and resolve queries and issues in the minimum amount of time.
- Able to work independently and under pressure.
- Improvement Orientation
- High level of detail and accuracy
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Hard working
- Deadline driven
- Systematic and methodical.
- Someone who upholds professional ethics and values.
- An independent thinker; comfortable taking a stand in the interest of good governance and isn’t easily pressured.
- Must be assertive and mature in outlook.