Our well known automotive dealer client based in the Vereeniging currently holds a vacancy for an experienced Financial Manager at Dealership Level.
Preferably applicants that reside in the Vaal or surrounding areas.
Candidates must have relevant experience in the automotive industry.
Basic salary p/m: R35-R45,000.00 depending on experience.
Benefits: Medical aid, Provident fund, etc.
This position will be suited to an experienced person who has the ability to manage the financial department and maintain internal control measures to ensure that the dealership is compliant to sound financial practices and good corporate governance. Supporting the Dealer Principal and Financial Executive in the achievement of financial objectives, identifying areas of risk and improvement, and ensuring timely and accurate reporting.
The Financial Manager furthermore supports the Human Resources function with personnel and payroll matters at dealership level.
Should your application be short-listed, you will be contacted for an interview and/ or a psychometric assessment. If you have not received an invitation to attend an interview by 21/04/2023, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Specific Role Responsibilities:
Specifications for these positions will be discussed if a candidate is invited for an interview.
The responsibilities of a Financial Manager include the following tasks:
- Prepare and report financial statements to Division, H.O. and auditors (internal and external).
- Prepare and complete various weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Complete monthly management reports.
- Compile management accounts, including budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Produce financial and management information.
- Maintain the integrity and reliability of the financial data.
- Ensure that month-end cut-offs are compliant in terms of company policies.
- Manage the effective and timely provision of financial, statutory and sustainability reporting including cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Oversee accurate reconciliation of all financial records to enable verification of the validity of transactions and to take appropriate action where required.
- Prepare and complete financial budgets for the dealership in conjunction with departmental managers and other stakeholders.
- Ensure effective and efficient administration of operational costs within budget, identify areas of financial and operational risk and escalate appropriately.
- Supervise cash management activities.
- Responsible for co-signatory of payments with Dealer Principal in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
- Manage and report on progress against operational budget in liaison with Dealer Principal.
- Analyse and interpret financial information:
- Complete analysis of financial data to understand and compare business results; interpret and analyse financial data to draw conclusions and trends from the financial analysis.
- Complete profit and loss analysis.
- Complete and update daily cash flow statement to establish working capital requirements.
- Assist in the preparation and timely filing of all internal accounting and financial reports for governmental and regulatory bodies.
- Accurately calculate and process VAT, provisional tax etc.
- Establish and monitor internal controls.
- Implement corporate governance and compliance policies and processes to identify and manage risks and expose liabilities.
- Manage and control the administration and financial processes within the dealership.
- Conduct reconciliation of vehicles, parts, service assets, verify against accounting records and address all anomalies with senior line management.
- Manage supplier and customer relationships; ensuring effective debtors and creditors processes are in place and adhered to.
- Identify opportunities to minimize cost and increase revenue.
- Manage the security of all assets within direct control, i.e. cash, fixed assets, in line with approved policies, processes and procedures.
- Attract, retain, appraise and train, coach and develop finance and administration team members.
Qualifications and Experience:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience needed:
- BCom degree with Accounting NQF7+.
- Recognised Management/ Leadership Diploma or Certificate – an advantage
- 5+ years”” accounting/ financial management experience in similar environment
- Relevant experience in the automotive industry.
- Communication: Able to communicate professionally at multiple levels in a professional, polite and rational manner even when under pressure.
- Interpersonal competence; effective at working with people.
- Financial Management and Performance Reporting
- Financial and commercial thinking.
- Financial and Accounting Control
- Sound knowledge and understanding of financial, accounting and tax concepts, financial statements, trial balance, financial record keeping process etc.
- Analysing and reconciling financial information and data, identifying auditing discrepancies and reporting on such, ensuring root cause analysis is carried out and corrective and preventive measures are implemented.
- Problem-solving skills and sound judgement.
- Decision making and action orientated.
- Conflict resolution
- People Management and Development skills, including effective delegation ability.
- Time management, including the ability to respond to and resolve queries and issues in the minimum amount of time.
- Able to work independently and under pressure.
- Improvement Orientation
- High level of detail and accuracy
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Hard working
- Deadline driven
- Organised and disciplined.
- Someone who upholds professional ethics and values.
- An independent thinker; comfortable taking a stand in the interest of good governance and isn’t easily pressured.
- Must be assertive and mature in outlook.
N.B. (Only candidates that meet the criteria will be shortlisted and contacted)
N.B. (Only candidates with Automotive Industry experience will be considered and contacted for this position)