- Ensuring all Internal and Head Office deadlines are adhered to;
- Be actively involved in Internal and External audit reporting;
- Ensuring information and reports received from Financial Managers are accurate;
- Training of Financial Mangers, mostly on accounting issues, VAT and policies and procedures;
- Reviewing monthly General Ledger audit files;
- Assisting Dealer Principals and Financial Managers with queries;
- Preparation of financial information and reports for the Franchise Executive (board packs and presentation);
- Ensuring payments are made timeously and accurately with correct authorizations in place;
- Ensuring that expenses are recognized in correct periods and disclosed correctly;
- Ensuring completeness, validity and accuracy of provisions and accruals;
- Assisting Financial Managers with setting and monitoring of annual budgets and quarterly targets for all dealerships;
- Ensuring accuracy of all dealerships’ monthly commissions and authorization;
- Ensure that you have correct staff in the correct positions;
- Visiting dealerships to ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to and that segregation of duties is adhered to;
- Implementing new company policies and procedures as instructed or discussed;
- To develop systems and reports that easily assist management in the management of their businesses;
- To ensure that required functions are correctly carried out by Financial Managers and dealership management;
- To assist Financial Managers in obtaining the assistance from dealership management to carry out their functions effectively;
- To establish best practice amongst dealerships;
- Ensure that all Company assets are managed properly (vehicle stock takes weekly, daily parts perpetuals, two wall-to-wall stock takes annually, two fixed assets counts annually, NATISs & key controls);
- Analyze financial accounts and financial ratios;
- Advise Franchise Executive, Finance Executive and Dealer Principals of areas for possible improvements;
- To ensure that costs are controlled, analysis and all cost savings are achieved.
|Our client’s Passenger Division currently holds a vacancy for a Manager: Group Finance for their Passenger Cars Gauteng East businesses.
Reporting to the Executive: Finance, this position requires someone with vast experience in the financial field to oversee the Finance & Accounting function of the group and to ensure timely provision of group financial and statistical reports for management.
|Specific Role Responsibilities
- Able to communicate professionally at multiple levels in a professional, polite, and rational manner even when under pressure.
- Interpersonal competence; effective at working with people.
- Financial management and performance reporting
- Financial and commercial thinking.
- Financial and accounting control
- Sound knowledge and understanding of financial, accounting, and tax concepts, financial statements, trial balance, financial record-keeping process, etc.
- Analysing and reconciling financial information and data, identifying auditing discrepancies and reporting on such, ensuring root cause analysis is carried out and corrective and preventive measures are implemented.
- Problem-solving skills and sound judgement.
- Decision-making and action orientated.
- Conflict resolution
- People management and development skills, including effective delegation ability.
- Time management, including the ability to respond to and resolve queries and issues in the minimum amount of time.
- Able to work independently and under pressure.
- Improvement orientation
|Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Financial Manager within the retail motor industry
- Experience minimum 10 years
- Autoline/ Kerridge or DRIVE experience mandatory
- EXCEL advanced
- General knowledge of generally accepted accounting policies
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clear Criminal Record
- Clear Financial Record
- Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
|Skills and Personal Attributes
- High level of detail and accuracy
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Deadline driven
- Organised and disciplined.
- Someone who upholds professional ethics and values.
- An independent thinker; comfortable taking a stand in the interest of good governance and isn’t easily pressured.
- Must be assertive and mature in outlook