Our very busy and demanding motor dealer client in Emalahleni is in search of a highly experienced Parts Manager.
Process and Governance
Contribute to the development of the appropriate strategy and set targets within area of accountability.
Define standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Implement and manage end-to-end processes.
Manage operational risk and risk mitigation initiatives.
Monitor and report on progress against operational plans and adjust where required.
Plan, manage and monitor governance compliance processes in area of accountability in order to manage risks and expose liabilities.
Resolve problems by applying the necessary discretion and guidelines.
Achieve and exceed OEM/Importer sales targets.
Coordinate and monitor the sales and marketing activities of parts, products and accessories for delivering against planned initiatives.
Manage efforts to improve current sales of parts, products and accessories that can potentially lead to higher profitability and improved client satisfaction.
Manage parts returned, correct stock management, queries and settlement discounts.
Manage parts sales channels including: telesales, counter sales, sales representatives and etc.
Understand and adhere to OEM/Importer targets.
Manage financial activities in line with approved policies and procedures.
Manage, monitor and report on budget variances and provide solutions.
Grow turnover and customer base to maximise profits.
Build sustainable relationships with customers that contribute to a culture of customer service excellence.
Deliver services and/or products that enable a culture which meets or exceeds customers” expectations in the business.
Plan, manage and monitor processes to ensure customer service excellence.
Identify and address customer needs by providing a variety of related parts, products and accessories, to enhance satisfaction and retention of customers.
Maintain customer relations through regular contact, in order to ensure customer retention and growth.
Create an engaging, enabling and productive work climate aligned to the employee value proposition.
Implement and manage workforce planning, recruitment, learning and development, performance management, reward and recognition and employee relations to ensure an optimal working environment.
Monitor and positively influence and manage change, and offer operational support where required.
Own and live up to company values.
Ensure staff have adequate technical knowledge and skills.
To plan, manage and monitor the implementation of all sales activities and processes related to parts, in order to maximise sales, and maintain agreed profit margins and return on investment. To ensure the management of stock levels are in line with company policy.
Specific Role Responsibilities
• To achieve set departmental budget objectives in terms of gross profit and net profit.
• To achieve performance benchmarks:
a. Gross profit
b. Total dealership gross profit
c. Total contribution
d. Department contribution
• To achieve company stock parameters:
a. 28 days maximum stock holding
b. 12 months and older stock holding
• To ensure that there is strict control over all departmental expenses.
• To ensure that credit limits are reviewed monthly and where necessary to arrange for collection of outstanding monies. Advise Accountant to
put a creditors account on hold should there be late payment.
• To ensure that there is continuous growth in the department in terms of turnover and profit.
• To set sales targets and help sales staff achieve set sales targets in order to achieve branch targets.
• To review quotation files twice a week and ensure acceptance rate target is achieved.
• To check and ensure that drivers are on the delivery routes and times as set and agreed on and all deliveries are signed for.
• To ensure prompt service and feedback to all clients to grow the brand.
• To ensure that the sales teams and front line staff are made aware of specials.
• To review sales representative report once a week.
• All credit applications must be submitted to branch accountant and RGM for approval prior to an account being opened.
• To ensure parts are ordered correctly and the order control file is used daily and kept up to date.
• To ensure damaged parts are returned to the importer for credit timeously and all relevant electronic submissions or paperwork is completed.
• To work through parts bought not sold on a daily basis and report back to DP on a weekly basis.
• To ensure that all job cards are received from the workshop the previous day so that you can ensure that parts are in stock and pre-picked for
the following day.
• To ensure the AVO system is being followed correctly and according to company policy and procedures.
• To compare and review the perpetual count daily and file the report daily for the DP/Accountant to review.
• To ensure all parts suppliers invoices are receipted correctly and supplier invoices are being signed off.
• To ensure all COD and cash sales monies are being collected on a daily basis as you are personally responsible for any outstanding amount.
• To ensure that you place the stock and daily orders with the importer using their criteria on timing and frequency. This includes the correct stock to daily mix ratio. Adhering to the stock policy.
• To weekly reconcile backorders between the dealership and importer.
• To do inspections on delivery vehicles for neatness as well as roadworthiness.
• Authorise the purchase of any part that is not a very fast, fast or medium mover. On these parts cost plus VAT deposit must be taken.
• To ensure all administration is up to date and accurate.
• To adhere to brand standards and action any deviation.
• To ensure efficient and open communication channels – upwards as well as downwards.
• Ensure that a high level of housekeeping is maintained.
• To ensure that all aspects of security are maintained at the highest standards.
• To ensure that RFC parts are pre-approved in writing and credit notes approved and processed. Dealer Principal to sign off all credit notes.
• To ensure that perpetual stock count are done. Dealer Principal/ Accountant to spot check weekly.
• To ensure that stock parameters are adhered to maximising supply rate whilst minimising dead stock.
• Carrying out of all reasonable instructions/ duties given to you by any member of management, from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
Higher Certificates and/or Advanced National (Vocational) Certificates with NQF Level 04
3 – 5 years” experience in a similar environment, of which at least 1 – 3 years” supervisory / team lead experience
Valid South African driver”s license
Skills and Personal Attributes
Skills & Attributes
Persistence and Tenacity
Planning and Organising
Knowledge of parts, components and material
Organisational excellence and productivity culture
People Management and Development skills
Planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
Product and or Service knowledge
Uphold Ethics and Values