Our well know automotive vehicle dealer client based in Pretoria currently holds a vacancy for an experienced Service Manager.
This position will be suited to an experienced person who has the ability to manage an organised and profitable service department; delivering high-quality service and focused on customer satisfaction. Responsible for mentoring and leading all departmental staff, ensuring that repairs are performed correctly and efficiently by qualified technicians and that the service department maintains a consistently high level of customer satisfaction.
Specific Role Responsibilities
The responsibilities of a Service Manager include the following tasks:
· Drive the achievement of productivity,
efficiency, and customer service level index
goals and objectives.
· Manage a profitable workshop against budget,
including analyzing workshop performance
data e.g. productivity of technical staff, labour
rates, the efficiency of the workshop, expense
monitoring, and control, etc.
· Manage escalated workshop (technical)
problems accordingly, including:
· Escalation of technical/product-related issues
to the Brand Headoffice.
· Ensuring continuous support and guidance to
technical staff throughout technical problem-
· Ensuring future corrective action plans to
address various technical problems are
· Ensure accurate workshop capacity planning
according to productive and available staff is
· Control (WIP) work in progress on all vehicles
in the workshop daily to maintain an
acceptable level and manage end-to-end
throughput, maintaining awareness of the
status of all vehicles.
· Achieve industry-leading standards of
customer care, process efficiency, and cost
· Exceed all targets and labour sales objectives
through efficient workshop operations
· Ensure efficient equipment and asset control,
and administration processes.
· Ensure the highest level of customer
satisfaction, service level achievement, and
· Responsible for the annual budget of the
· Manage risk (financial and non–financial)
within the department.
· Ensure compliance with OEM and business
policies and processes, as well as adherence
to relevant workshop operating procedures
· Maintain good housekeeping within the
department, including ensuring compliance
with Brand’s CI guidelines within the
· Manage and improve environmental, health,
and safety standards.
· Conduct departmental meetings and general
aftersales meetings to ensure effective
· Manage the training of all service staff.
· Lead, manage, attract, retain, appraise and
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Qualifications and Experience needed:
· Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or equivalent
NQF 4 qualification.
· 5+years’ Experience as a Service Manager
· Recognised Management Diploma or
Certificate – an advantage.
· Qualified Motor Technician – an advantage.
· Valid, unendorsed driver’s license and the
ability to competently and legitimately drive.
· Computer literate
· An effective understanding of financial
principles, including budgeting and
· An effective understanding of relevant
technology and systems.
· An effective understanding of the
Environmental and Occupational Health &
Skills and Personal Attributes
· Have sound communication skills in English
and language commonly spoken in the area
(speak & write).
· Interpersonal competence; effective at
working with people and building
· Technical, mechanical insight, and experience.
· Business orientated thinking and resource
management; basing decisions on business
implications and KPI’s, focusing on cost-
benefit considerations, and handling
resources in a sustainable manner.
· Good financial acumen.
· Systems oriented.
· People management competence, including
performance management and employee
development & motivation.
· Problem-solving and motor vehicle fault-
· Delivering results and meeting customer
· Coping with pressure
· A team player
· Motivation to perform and achieve results;
focusing on solutions and measurable results,
strives for outstanding performance and sets
· Valuing Diversity
· Conflict resolution
· Self-managed and resilient
· Someone who values and builds relationships.
Covid-19 vaccination is an important part of our client’s Retail and Rental’s commitment to stopping the spread of COVID-19 not only in our workplaces but the country as a whole. This is because vaccines offer protection to employees by reducing their risk of infection, or the severity of their symptoms; and at a population level, referred to as population-immunity. Given that vaccination is a priority in the fight against COVID-19, they encourage vaccinated candidates to apply for the vacant position.