Our well known automotive vehicle dealer client based in Boksburg is looking to employ an experienced Service manager.
This position will be suited to an experienced person who has the ability to manage an organised and profitable service department; delivering high quality service and focused on customer satisfaction. Responsible for mentoring and leading all departmental staff, ensure that repairs are performed correctly and efficiently by qualified technicians and that the service department maintains a consistently high level of customer satisfaction.
Specific Role Responsibilities:
Specifications for these positions will be discussed if a candidate is invited for an interview.
The responsibilities of a Service Manager include the following tasks:
• Drive the achievement of productivity, efficiency and customer service level index goals and objectives.
• Manage a profitable workshop against budget, including analyzing workshop performance data e.g. productivity of technical staff, labour rates, efficiency of workshop, expense monitoring and control etc.
• Manage escalated workshop (technical) problems accordingly, including:
• Escalation of technical/ product related issues to the Brand’s Headoffice.
• Ensuring continuous support and guidance to technical staff throughout technical problem-solving stages.
• Ensuring future corrective action plans to address various technical problems are implemented.
• Ensure accurate workshop capacity planning according to productive and available staff is done.
• Control (WIP) work in progress on all vehicles in the workshop daily to maintain an acceptable level, and manage end-to-end throughput, maintaining awareness of the status of all vehicles.
• Achieve industry leading standards of customer care, process efficiency and cost control.
• Exceed all targets and labour sales objectives through efficient workshop operations management.
• Ensure efficient equipment and asset control, and administration processes.
• Ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction, service level achievement, and customer retention.
• Responsible for the annual budget of Service Department.
• Manage risk (financial and non–financial) within department.
• Ensure compliance with OEM and business policies and processes, as well as adherence to relevant workshop operating procedures and practices.
• Maintain good housekeeping within department, including ensuring compliance to Brand’s CI guidelines within the department.
• Manage and improve environmental, health and safety standards.
• Conduct departmental meetings and general aftersales meetings to ensure effective communication.
• Manage training of all service staff.
• Lead, manage, attract, retain, appraise and develop staff.
Qualifications and Experience:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience needed:
• Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or equivalent NQF 4 qualification.
• 5+years’ Experience as a Service Manager
• Recognised Management Diploma or Certificate – an advantage.
• Qualified Motor Technician (A-certification) – an advantage.
• Valid, unendorsed driver’s license and the ability to competently and legitimately drive.
• Computer literate
• An effective understanding of financial principles, including budgeting and forecasting.
• An effective understanding of relevant technology and systems.
• An effective understanding of the Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety Acts.
• Have sound communication skills in English and language commonly spoken in the area (speak & write).
• Interpersonal competence; effective at working with people and building relationships.
• Technical, mechanical insight and experience.
• Business orientated thinking and resource management; basing decisions on business implications and KPI’s, focusing on cost-benefit considerations and handling resources in a sustainable manner.
• Good financial acumen.
• Systems oriented.
• People management competence, including performance management and employee development & motivation.
• Problem solving and motor vehicle fault finding skills.
• Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
• Coping with pressure
• A team player
• Motivation to perform and achieve results; focusing on solutions and measurable results, strives for outstanding performance and sets challenging goals.
• Valuing Diversity
• Conflict resolution
• Self-managed and resilient
• Someone who values and builds relationships.
• Alignment with the brand; acts as an ambassador for the Brand and passionate about the products.
Covid-19 vaccination is an important part of our client’s Retail and Rental’s commitment to stopping the spread of COVID-19 not only in our workplaces but the country as a whole. This is because vaccines offer protection to employees by reducing their risk of infection, or the severity of their symptoms; and at a population level, referred to as population-immunity. Given that vaccination is a priority in the fight against COVID-19, they encourage vaccinated candidates to apply for the vacant position.