Our well known motor dealer client based in Kimberley currently holds a vacancy for an experienced Vehicle Stock Controller.
- Previous Stock Control Experience within a Dealership environment
- Strong admin skills, mandatory.
- Located in the Kimberley area
Basic Salary: R19,000.00 depending on experience.
This position will be suited to an experienced person who will maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards. The candidate will have to effectively maintain, order, and control the availability of vehicle stock to optimise potential sales. The candidate for this position will be responsible for the stock and invoicing of vehicles.
Should your application be short-listed, you will be contacted for an interview and/ or a psychometric assessment. If you have not received an invitation to attend an interview by 09/10/2023, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Specific Role Responsibilities
Specifications for these positions will be discussed if a candidate is invited for an interview.
The responsibilities of a Vehicle Stock Controller include the following tasks:
- Invoice vehicles accurately and timeously in accordance with the offer to purchase authorized by management.
- Ensure accurate and timely (daily) capture of purchase invoices.
- Bring vehicle into stock.
- Invoicing vehicles out.
- Create purchase orders to suppliers for recon and fitments; ensuring that each payment has an order number.
- Raise/ create cheque requisitions in accordance with standard processes and policies.
- Verify creditor invoices.
- Contact suppliers regarding outstanding invoices and capture.
- Monthly reporting on outstanding orders.
- Balance vehicle costing on Automate to the department manager’s cost sheet.
- Ensure required documentation is available in the deal file before invoicing.
- Assist stock controller in reporting of sales cards.
- Daily debtor’s allocation and updates to back office.
- Report any deviations to the Financial Manager.
- Stock takes (twice a week) of all vehicles bringing vehicles into stock.
- Provisions on all vehicles that are in stock.
- Update stock list with retail prices.
- Update stock list with retail prices.
- Control of the Demo Fleet, updating reports to Matrix, back office and weekly stock takes.
- Responsible for registration and licensing documents for the used vehicle department.
- Work closely with the Sales Executives and Sales Manager/s.
- Attend all relevant OEM training courses, and any other developmental training opportunities allocated.
Qualifications and Experience:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience needed:
- Must have Stock Controller and Invoicing experience
- Experience with “Automate” dealership management system, advantageous
- Currently in the Motor Trade
- Knowledge of relevant dealership stock and sales policies and procedures.
- Understanding of the compliance governing the retail industry would be an advantage.
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Communication skills in English (read, write & speak) but also able to effectively communicate with customers and colleagues/stakeholders.
- Interpersonal ability; working with people, relating to others.
- Highly developed ability to organize, control and multi-task.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Making decisions within scope of responsibility and taking action.
- Initiative and problem-solving abilities
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Customer orientation; a commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Planning and organizing; monitoring own performance against expectations/ targets/ deadlines.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks; able to work productively in a pressurized environment.
- Team work orientation, yet still able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly self-motivated and able to maintain a positive, cheerful outlook.
- Able to work flexible hours including one weekend day and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
- Results driven and orientated
- A willingness to learn