Our well known vehicle distributor client is looking to employ an experienced EE Aftersales Director based at their head office in Ekurhuleni.
• Participate in the development of the company’s overall strategy
• Develop , implement and evolve the parts and service strategies with key stakeholders viz, dealer network and the manufacturer.
• Accountable for: Deepening of the aftersales value chain – retaining customers and vehicles in the franchise service network longer and developing further revenue opportunities to better serve that customer Warehouse – improve efficiencies e.g. cube utilisation , peak warehouse capacity used , slotting etc. Supply rates – improve supply rates to dealers and manufacturer Stock management – levels of stock on hand and movement of stock. Negotiation of purchases with manufacturer, discounts , rebates etc. Meet NRCS legislation Technical hotline case analysis to understand trends within vehicle parc Quality management Recalls/Campaigns Training for Service Manager/Advisors/Technicians i.t.o. brand.
• Accountable for: Drive strategy around accessory sales and introduction of new products Meet with Insurers regularly as panel accounts for 40% of parts revenue. Ensure dealer network meets overall targets set by distributor in terms of parts targets Manage customer complaints. Carry out interventions with poor performing dealers i.t.o. CSI Manage standard costing model for parts Manage Parts pricing and competitiveness. Manage/review supply chain process, logistic costs, movement of stock. Develop and implement strategies around pirate and grey parts Manage service level agreements with third party suppliers
• Compile departmental budgets and forecasts
• Review pricing strategies i.t.o. exchange rates, review costing model
• Monthly review of accounts and flash to group company.
• Working Capital management
• Overhead/Cost management
• Segmentation analysis
• Recruitment and development of skilled staff
• Manage the people Balance Sheet and alignment to the Company’s transformation objectives through departmental processes
• Manage performance of direct reports ensuring agreement of annual goals, measuring performance against agreed goals and dealing with non-performance accordingly
• Alignment to the Company’s transformation objectives through departmental processes
Position Overview Job Purpose:
Responsible for the overall Parts and Service operations at distributor level.
Parts – Responsible for the operations, personnel, marketing and profitability of the department Service
Responsible for executing the Service Strategy in line with the Manufacturer’s requirements
Qualifications and Experience
•Degree / Post-degree business qualification
•Extensive business experience (8 years+)
•Experience of Parts / Service business (3 years+)
•Excellent knowledge of the motor industry from an OEM/ importer perspective – Finance/Warranty/Parts/Service/Distribution
•A valid South African driver”s license
Skills and Personal Attributes Skills & Attributes:
• Ability to think strategically
• Innovative and creative
• Good leadership skills with ability to interact and influence at all levels
• Business acumen
• Excellent networking skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
•Excellent writing and reporting skills
• Customer service driven
• Innovative, expansive and pro
• Persuasive and influential
• Deadline driven
• Team player
• Ability to work under pressure
• Attention to detail