Our well known automotive dealer client based in Bloemfontein currently holds a vacancy for an experienced Dealer Principal.
- Previous Dealer Principal Experience within a Dealership environment
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience with Popular Brands
The purpose of the position is to formulate and execute tactical strategy and associated plans for the dealership; responsible for the achievement of objectives/ performance targets and high levels of service delivery; maximising profitability through the sale of vehicles, parts, labour, and related products; and ensuring control of cash flow, stock and assets relevant to profit requirements and suitable return on investment.
The key focus areas of this role are leading people, achieving results, and driving business growth. This role requires a highly experienced, dedicated person who enjoys autonomy; is aligned with the brand; has a visible, hands-on leadership approach, and is confident in achieving business growth.
Should your application be short-listed, you will be contacted for an interview and/ or a psychometric assessment. If you have not received an invitation to attend an interview by 15/09/2023, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Specific Role Responsibilities:
Specifications for these positions will be discussed if a candidate is invited for an interview.
The responsibilities of a Dealer Principal include the following tasks:
- To develop strategies to drive dealership revenue, profitability, and market share in the relevant area.
- To achieve and exceed financial targets as per the agreed budget.
- Ensure achievement of profit margins and financial objectives, good cash flow, forecasting, monitoring, and controlled availability of vehicle and parts stock a/p projected demand.
- Build and maintain a professional relationship with vehicle manufacturer/s.
- Optimally manage and control the cross-functional areas in the dealership.
- Formulate and implement dealership practices in compliance with corporate governance and legal requirements, Company Policies and guidelines.
- To manage assets of a dealership optimally (cash control/flow, liquidity, stock, debtors, creditors, etc.).
- Ensure high standards of quality and workmanship are delivered.
- Maintain and increase market penetration.
- To ensure customer acquisition and retention via customer-focused interventions in the dealership.
- To generate enthusiasm and set an appropriate brand example in line with the franchise standards.
- To be informed and up to date regarding competitor intelligence and awareness via proper market analysis.
- Manage stock turnover ratios, stock holding values, and sales to meet company objectives.
- Track the performance to measure and improve operational efficiency for the dealership.
- Facility management, ensuring compliance with OHS requirements, CI rules, and general housekeeping is well maintained at all times.
- Develop and implement people capacity plans in line with delivery, performance objectives, and budget.
- To provide effective leadership and people management in order to attract, develop, and retain high-quality and success-orientated dealer staff (DP’s key focus is to act as an effective “manager of managers”).
- Create a positive work climate and culture to energise employees, give meaning to work, minimise work disruption, and maximise employee productivity.
Qualifications and Experience:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience needed:
- Senior Certificate (Grade 12/Matric) is a minimum educational requirement
- A tertiary marketing and/ or sales qualification would be advantageous
- 8+ years relevant motor industry experience, of which at least 3 years dealer operations management experience.
- Exposure to various motor industry business disciplines at the highest level within a retail automotive environment such as business area financial management, sales, marketing, brand management and Service process and Parts knowledge is necessary.
- Computer literacy – Computer literacy – Experience with PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Dealership in-house systems.
- Knowledge and drive to Social Media interaction
- Valid SA driver’s license is essential
- Sound understanding of finance and financial transactions
- A passion for people and the ability to control and motivate staff (good people skills)
- A passion for vehicles and the industry
Skills and Expertise Required:
- Communication: Able to communicate professionally at multiple levels in a professional, diplomatic, polite and rational manner even when under pressure.
- Interpersonal competence; effective at working with people and building relationships.
- Dealership Operations Management
- Financial Management relevant to managing a business.
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking.
- Customer Centricity
- Problem-solving and judgement skills
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Conflict management
- Monitoring and measuring
- Improvement Orientation
- People Management and Development skills
- Persuading and Influence
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Coping with pressures and setbacks
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Results driven
- Someone who upholds professional ethics, principles and values.
- Must be assertive and mature in outlook.
- Alignment to the brand.