Our motor dealership client in Nelspruit is looking to employ a Finance Manager. The role include to plan, manage and monitor the implementation of all financial management practices, activities and processes in order to deliver on approved operational financial plans and to continuously enhance service delivery. Provide direction, review and report up the line.
|GENERIC JOB OUTPUTS
PROCESS AND GOVERNANCE
Contribute to the development of the appropriate strategy and set target within area of accountability.
Define standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
Implement and manage endtoend processes.
Manage all operational risk and risk mitigation initiatives.
Monitor and report on progress against operational plan and make adjustment where required.
Plan, manage and monitor governance compliance processes in area of accountability in order to manage risks and expose liabilities.
Resolve problems with the necessary discretion and guidelines.
Conduct reconciliation of vehicles, parts, and service assets, verify against accounting records and address all anomalies with senior line management
Manage the security of all assets (including cash) in line with approved policies, processes and procedures.
Manage the security of all assets within direct control, i.e. cash, fixed assets, in line with approved policies, processes and procedures.
Monitor and evaluate financial processes for quality and effectiveness and notify stakeholders accordingly.
Perform reconciliations of financial records to enable verification of the validity of transactions and the appropriate action where required.
Prepare accurate and timeous reporting in respect of key performance metrics and recommendations to improve operational efficiency.
Prepare the accurate, timeous and effective input of remuneration including incentives, structures and deductions in compliance with organisational policy.
Manage financial activities in line with approved policies and procedures.
Manage, monitor and report on budget variances and provide solutions.
Authorise and approve all payment and ensure compliancy in terms of company policies.
Compile management accounts, including, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
Ensure accurate billing in respect of accounts and charges, and identify opportunities for saving initiatives.
Ensure all reconciliations are complied and reviewed.
Ensure effective and efficient administration of operational costs within budget, identify areas of financial and operational risk and escalate appropriately.
Identify opportunities to minimise cost or increase revenue.
Manage outstanding debtors, cash sales and work in progress to ensure collections are up to date and all risks are identified and actioned
Manage the sales process around vehicle stock books i.e. invoicing and deal files.
Manages creditors and ensures all creditors are in line with service level agreements and maximise payment opportunities.
Manages the vehicles stock books to ensure accuracy in respect of billing and payment of vehicles and ensure that all documentation is compliant in term of
Prepare VAT returns and ensure all documents are compliant in terms of SARS directives.
Secure the necessary resources to maintain service standards, facilitate problem solving and achieve objectives within budget.
Deliver services that creates a culture which aims to exceed customers’ expectations in all aspects of the business.
Plan, manage and monitor processes to ensure customer service excellence.
Develop and manage key stakeholder relationships that enable achievement of operational objectives.
Create an engaging, enabling and productive work climate aligned to the employee value proposition.
Implement and manage workforce planning, recruitment, learning and development, performance management, reward and recognition and employee
relations to ensure an optimal working environment.
Monitor and positively influence and manage change, and offer operational support where required.
Own and live up to company values.
Ensure timeous, clear contracting and assessment of performance expectations with direct reports in line with identified objectives.
Skills and Expertise Required:
- Communication: Able to communicate professionally at multiple levels in a professional, diplomatic, polite and rational manner even when under pressure.
- Interpersonal competence; effective at working with people.
- Financial Accounting
- Competent application of accounting fundamentals and principles.
- Financial and Accounting Controls experience
- Financial and commercial acumen/ thinking
- Sound knowledge and understanding of accounting and tax concepts, financial statements, trial balance, financial recordkeeping process and books or accounts of the company.
- Interrogates transaction initiating information or data, and understands, records or enters transactions on to the system.
- Analyses and reconciles financial information and data, resolves accounting issues, and reports on such.
- Compiling and presenting reports.
- Planning and organising
- Problem-solving and judgement skills
- Decision making and action orientated.
- Conflict handling
- Time management, including the ability to respond to and resolve queries and issues in the minimum amount of time.
- Able to work independently and under pressure.
- High level of detail and accuracy
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Resilient and hard working
- Deadline driven
- Systematic and methodical
- Empathetic when dealing with personnel matters.
- Someone who upholds professional ethics and values.
- Must be assertive and comfortable to share views and ideas in the interest of good financial management of the business.
Computer Literacy Business Applications
Industry legislative compliance/ knowledge.
Valid driver’s license
Please send cv’s to email@example.com