Our well known transport company client based in Linbro Park has an opportunity for an experienced EE TECHNICAL EXECUTIVE – TYRE.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Corporate Director.
They require someone who has in-depth knowledge on tyres.
- The salary package is negotiable, and also include car allowance of R22 525pm, + fuel allowance, + cell phone allowance, + Provident Fund, & Medical Aid
The ideal applicant will possess the following:-
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and senior business executive with a proven track record of managing large fleets of heavy vehicles in either earthmoving/ mechanical/ transport industries. A degree in the Engineering field i.e. B.Sc. / B.Eng. / B.Tech, or equivalent, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering will be a strong advantage, but qualified artisans with at least 10 years’ suitable experience at a senior technical management level of large fleets of heavy vehicles will also be considered. Candidates’ must have sound understanding of all modern heavy vehicle components, CANbus / vehicles management systems and manufacturing processes, as well as strong and proven people management skills in a unionised environment.
The incumbent should also possess the following: Active learning desire; Deadline conscious; Quality Focus; Production Planning skills; Ability to design and implement innovative and practical solutions; Strong interpersonal skills to lead diverse project and cross functional team; and must have a strong hands on management approach.
The successful candidate will head up the technical function and oversee a large fleet of more than 1,500 heavy vehicles spread across 9 maintenance workshops with 1,200 technical staff and an annual maintenance budget in excess of R450 million. The incumbent will amongst others oversee and manage the preventative and corrective maintenance programmes for the Group; formulate and manage performance criteria; manage maintenance contracts; evaluate maintenance procedures; provide guidance and advice on technical policies, procedures and processes; evaluate new products in the market place; provide technical support and guidance to group companies and business units; ensure effective project management; oversee health and safety regulations and represent the Group in various industry structures.
– Knowledge of the bus passenger transport industry.
– Background to the Passenger industry structures and best practices.
– Knowledge of the Technical / Engineering practices and procedures as they relate to the operation and maintenance of a large bus fleet.
– Understanding of the bus operations and the inter-relationship with the Technical department.
– Knowledge of the Key financial management Principles & Procedures, especially budget development and management.
– Knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures and related legislation.
– Knowledge of the Labour Relations Act and associated company disciplinary and grievance procedures.
– Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Knowledge of stock management procedures and stores management.
– Good mechanical dexterity.
– Analytical thinking and problem solving ability.
– Good judgment and decision making ability.
– Production planning skills. Ability to design and implement innovative and practical solutions.
– Strong interpersonal skills to lead diverse project and cross functional team.
– Must have a strong hands on management approach.
– Drive and motivation.
– Active learning desire.
– Deadline conscious.
– Quality orientated
– Willing to work after hours
– Stress tolerance.